Thursday, April 26, 2012

Dating


I haven't really had much to blog about lately, not even any pictures to add from Easter away at Bear Gully. But I have been busy - dating :)

After my Christmas break I returned to normality well rested, emotionally rejuvenated and ready for a fantastic 2012. I promised myself at the end of 2011 that I would spend the month over Christmas getting myself back to the best that I can be and then on my return I would start D A T I N G!!!

It was pretty scary at first, I put together my online dating profiles and then uploaded on to two popular dating sites - and then I waited and waited.

The images (or lack of images) that I had on my profiles were a few years old so I recruited my very talented sister Jo to take some photos. It seemed to work as I was then inundated with contact from prospective suitors :)

Although I knew what I was looking for!!

While I was away down the beach I read a fantastic book called The Secret which encourages the reader to put positive thoughts out into the universe and what you put out you get back, and what you ask the universe for you shall receive. So that's exactly what I did, I placed my order for a wonderful man (or what I wanted my wonderful man to be) and sent out my request. I knew that it may take a day, it may take a week, a month or a year for him to arrive but my order had been placed and now I had the utmost confidence that he was on his way.

So out I went into the world of dating with an initiation at a dating event which consisted of about 100 singles who were 30+. It was a great night and a good opportunity to chat to different people, one guy even took my number and called but I just wasn't that into him.

I then thought "I can do this" so I finally responded to one of the guys that had contacted me via a dating site and exchanged emails prior to catching up for dinner. Nice guy and we had a lot in common but that came to an abrupt halt when I received a follow up email saying thanks but there was no chemistry. Basically I'm glad that I had seen a fabulous movie called 'He's Just Not That Into You' as it saves a lot of heartache and I can easily say "that's cool, he just wasn't that into me" without taking it personally :)

And then I met Brad :)

One of the girls at work had been trying to set me up with her sister-in-law's brother since last year. I knew at the time that I had to get myself sorted before I was ready to meet him so when I got back from the Christmas break I said that I was happy to meet him. The only information that I had was that he was 6 foot 7, liked country music and his birthday was the same day as mine! So my details were passed on and then I didn't hear anything........

I felt like Ginnie out of 'He's Just Not That Into You', how can he not like me - he hasn't even met me yet!!

Then 2 weeks later I was returning from lunch when I noticed that I had missed a call; my scream of shock when he had left a message on my voicemail gave my work colleagues something to giggle about :)

Brad and I have now been on 4 dates (the first date was a shocker) but from date one he has made me laugh, and he's nice, really nice so that was enough for me to give date 2 a go. And I can say I'm so glad that I did as he definitely impressed and this Saturday will be date 5 :)

Things are going well, really well.

And I'll let you in on a little secret - that wonderful man request that I sent out into the universe at the beginning of the year, well the universe delivered pretty much exactly what I ordered :)

No comments:

Post a Comment